Farewell UTAH



I never imagined what this day was going to be like, part of me always knew moving to a different place was a possibility, but I never bothered to think about it because it always seemed too distant in the future. This time actually came, and calling Utah our home has come to an end.

Leaving a place I was confortable with, where I had my dears sisters close by, and where I was happy and content with things all figured out was hard. This is not new to me, its been 8 years since I left the Dominican Republic. Much has changed since then, and even though I have faced struggles, and difficult times it has been 8 wonderful years of personal growth and great blessings.

It was in Utah where I learned how to grow up, how to rely on the Lord for guidance and strength. It was in Utah where I obtained a great education, but most importantly where I married my husband David and together started our family. 10 years ago I would have never imagined the things I would experienced, good thing the Lord always knew so I trusted Him. What a great life, what great lessons learned, how many blessings.

Yesterday I looked at those wonderful mountains that have been part of my view for the past 8 years, and I bid farewell to them. I thank them not only for their beauty, but also for what they represent. 8 years of my own personal mountains to climb, 8 years of growth, of sacrifice, of progress. They represent my own personal transformation into the person that I am today.



Today I can say goodbye with no regrets, and although its an end to a chapter in my life it only means its the start of a new one. but with my family by my side change is not too scary. I close my eyes and know I can do hard things because Christ is by my side and He makes it all better.

I know wherever we are its where the Lord wants us to be. I am excited for this new chapter in our lives, and for the things that will come. To all those we are leaving behind: I love you, you will always be in my heart, and for those family members whom I know I will be seeing although not so often, I will cherish every moment  I spent with you, and I will forever be grateful for being with you during that time. Until next time!


Goodbye Utah, Hello Boston!








No comments